Tuesday 13 April 2010

RouterTech • View topic - Allow WOL through Router

RouterTech • View topic - Allow WOL through Router

I setup my speedtouch 780 to accept/forward WOL packest to my Home PC from Work..

I believe that the BT HomeHub is a speedtouch 7G and configuring it is basically the same, although I can't confim it.

From memory All I had to do was
Telnet into the Speedtouch.
and at CLI execute

:ip arpdelete intf=LocalNetwork ip= hwaddr=

:ip arpadd intf=LocalNetwork ip= hwaddr=

This creates a static arp entry otherwise the Speedtouch seams to forget where the PC is conncted.

then execute

:service rule add name="Wake on LAN" protocol=tcp portrange=7-9
:service rule add name="Wake on LAN" protocol=udp portrange=7-9
:service assign name="Wake on LAN" host= log=disabled

These last 3 can be setup from the web interface "Game & Application Sharing" if prefered.

Details on how to send the WOL packet can be found here
http://www.depicus.com/wake-on-lan/woli.aspx

The PC will also need to be setup with a static IP Address or to always get the same address from DHCP.

Hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment